This headline is one of my mantras for 2011.
‘Be your own guru,’ is another.
A reminder to listen to myself first before turning to others, automatically thinking they know better.
My final one is ‘Doing nothing is better than doing something unimportant.’
I read that over the holiday and like it because I am a master at whiling away hours on ‘stuff.’ I am constantly busy and in danger at times of missing the passing by of my own life…
But it is the first one that has really got me thinking.
‘What am I avoiding or procrastinating over? Where am I underachieving?’
When I brainstormed the answers to that question I came up with:
- Monetizing my blog
- Monetizing my blog
Monetizing my blog
I make a small income from my blog right now but there is plenty of opportunity in 2011 to grow that.
So I had a little think and these are the actions items I plan to execute over the coming months.
Expect to see a few changes but they will be additional to the blog as it is now. The essential elements, writing and focus will not change.
I have already stuck my toe in the water with most of the following but plan to get braver and put my whole foot in. You never know, I might end up fully submerged and swimming like a fish 🙂
2011 Plans To Monetize My Blog
- Publish posts as I do now but twice a week, probably on a Tuesday and Thursday.
- Write some quick and easy guides for moms, or anyone really, on health, self care, our kids, our time and technology.
- Run some ads and affiliate promotions. I’ll feature products and services I personally use, like and can recommend wholeheartedly.
- Maintain and expand The Secret Life Of A Warrior Woman Facebook page. I also have been wanting to start another called The Mothers Of Boy Twins (The MOBT – geddit?) for a while now so plan to get to that.
- Shoot more videos and build my skills in that regard.
- Build my blogging skills by completing Problogger’s 31 Days To Build A Better Blog which I started in September.
- Write guest posts on other blogs.
- Set up a store selling…? Hmmm, I have a few ideas 😉
I learned last year about prioritizing and establishing a filter question through which to pass all activities. My filter question to ensure I spend time on achieving my goals is:
‘Is this activity going to earn income from my blog?’
Even as I write that, I feel a little stab of fear and I know hitting ‘Publish’ on this post and putting these intentions out there in the world will be even harder.
But, I am intrepid, and like all moms out there, I am bringing up humanity while going undercover so really, in the face of that, my fears should be unfounded, right?
So what would you do if you couldn’t fail? What are you procrastinating over? What can you execute in 2011 to improve your lot in life? Let me know in the comments!
If you appreciated this article, please do me a favor and share on Facebook or Twitter. There are buttons at the top and bottom of this article.
And also why not ‘like’ TSLWW Facebook page? You can find the box in the sidebar. Thank you!